When you think about faxing, you probably think of dialing numbers on a bulky traditional fax machine sitting in the back of an office somewhere. However, online fax services have brought faxing technology into the modern era. If you’re wondering, “Can I fax from my iPhone?” The answer is a resounding yes. You can send faxes from an iPhone, so you never need to worry about figuring out how to work an actual fax machine. This guide covers everything you need to know about how to fax documents from an iPhone.
5 Simple Steps to Easily Fax From Your iPhone
Using a fax app makes it quick and easy to send faxes on the go from wherever you are. Forget about dealing with expensive and inconvenient fax machines. You don’t even need an internet connection. You can turn your iPhone into a virtual fax machine. With just a few taps on your screen, you can send a fax anywhere in the world. Here’s how to fax from an iPhone.
Download a Reputable Fax App from the App Store
To unlock your iPhone’s faxing potential, you need to download a fax app for your iPhone. In the app store, you can choose from many different fax apps. Here are some tips for finding the best app for sending a fax from an iPhone:
- Read reviews: Start by checking out user reviews and ratings on the Apple App Store. Pay attention to reviews that discuss reliability, ease of use, and security features. Make sure the app has a rating of at least 4.0 stars and a significant number of positive reviews.
- Check security: A reputable fax app should use encryption measures to safeguard your data. Look for mentions of SSL or end-to-end encryption on the app’s description or website. Often, secure apps will have certifications from independent security organizations.
- Look for an intuitive interface: Download a few top-rated apps and test their user interfaces. A good fax app should have a simple interface that makes it easy to send and receive faxes.
- Take advantage of the trial period: Many fax apps have a 7-day free trial. Use this to evaluate the app before you make a commitment.
- Compare pricing: Will you have to make app purchases, or can you pay a monthly or yearly subscription? Ensure there are no hidden charges, and compare prices with the offered features.
Install and Set Up the Faxing App
Once you’ve chosen an app, tap it to start the download process. You may need to provide your Apple ID and password or use your face or fingerprint authentication. After the app is installed, click it to open it.
If this is your first time using this fax provider, you’ll need to set up an account and payment option. If you already have an account with the fax provider, you can sign in with your existing account.
At this point, you’ll probably receive permission requests from the app. It may ask to access your camera, pictures, or contacts. Give the app the permissions you feel it needs to function properly.
Most apps will allow you to customize your preferences, such as document quality and how you’ll receive notifications. You may also be able to set up a dedicated fax number or port an existing fax number to your account.
Scan the Document Using Your iPhone
When you’re ready to send the fax, you can scan documents with your camera if you need to send paper documents. It’s as easy as taking a picture of the physical document with your phone. A good-quality picture will give you better results. Here are some tips for taking better pictures so your scans will be clear and readable after they’re faxed:
- Use a flat surface: Lay your document flat to minimize creases and shadows that could interfere with the picture quality.
- Look for the right light: Use strong, even light that doesn’t cast shadows. Natural light is usually best. Try laying your document on a desk or table near a large window.
- Line up the edges: When you’re taking a picture within the fax app, there will probably be a frame on the camera screen. Line up the document edges with the frame. If you aren’t in the app, use the framing lines on your iPhone’s native camera app.
- Use the focus feature: Tap the screen to focus on the document’s text. Your camera may autofocus on the text, but if it doesn’t, tapping the text will give you a crisp, readable scan when you send a fax from your iPhone.
Enter the Recipient’s Information In the App
Using a fax app is similar to sending an email, except you need the recipient’s fax number instead of their email address. Include both the country code and area code with the fax number.
At this point, you can also attach a cover sheet that includes more detailed information about the sender and the recipient. A cover sheet can help make sure your fax gets to the right person or department. It will also make your fax look more professional and can protect confidential information.
Attach and Fax the Document
Finally, you’ll attach the document and send your fax. Click on the “+” or “attach” button and select the file you want to fax. Take a minute to double-check everything before you send it. Make sure the fax number is correct, that your document looks clear, and that you’ve included a cover sheet if needed.
When you feel confident everything is correct, hit send to transmit the fax. Wait for a confirmation so you’ll know your fax went through. Now you know how to send a fax from an iPhone.
Get Started With Online Faxing Today With MyFax
MyFax is the online faxing provider that suits your lifestyle. Fax directly from your computer or iPhone from any location without a phone line. With MyFax, you aren’t tied to the office waiting for a fax; you don’t have to waste money on a fax machine, supplies, and maintenance. All your faxes are stored and organized in the cloud, so you can access them anytime you need them. Sign up today and get started faxing immediately.